Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from Texas

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Texas

Ok, my names Raegan and ive been kind of a ghost on these boards untill i got my username. Im 22 and from Houston. Im very supprised by all the knowledge and builds going on here and have some questions of my own.

I do not currently own a Camaro yet I will be purchasing one in the near future. My plans are to take this summer to get ASE certified, and work as a tech to save up for school. Ive done alot of research and found the best route would be S.A.M. My dream would be to attend none other than Jud's school for badass machinists. Seems like all other Mechanical (institutes) just graduate you to know fly sh** and pepper compared to the knowledge aquired at S.A.M. Personally I'd like to open my own machine/performance shop here in The Woodlands / Conroe area. (Yes I know the intense amount of time and labor that would be involved in achieving this) But im dertermined and its been a dream of mine since I was a child and im looking toward a serious career choice.

I've herd alot on these Delmar Learning ASE study guides. Are there any recomendations as to other guides or helpful books?

I also see that there are many graduates from S.A.M. on these boards. Id like to talk to some of Y'all to grasp a better understanding of the classes on a day to day. (What I should expect)

Oh. in my freetime i fix random problems on family and friends cars, including complete rebuilds, engine gaskets, oh and working on a 500+hp 383 lt4 hotcamed formula v8!

I don't post alot here, but if anyones in my area, PM me and id love to take a look at some killer F-bodys for just any plain muscle car for that matter.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:23 PM

SAM is fun! I enjoy it so far. A lot of LS people there.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Thanks, what part of houston are you staying? Im thinking of commuting, i havent been able to do the sit in on any classes, but what time do they usually start?
Old 05-26-2011, 10:26 AM

I am just down off Wirt and I10 about 3 miles from the school. Class start at 8am.