Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 02:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy

Ok so I don't normally do these introduction things on forums.. but I figured I'd give it a shot.

BTW this is gonna be long..

Anyway here is how it all started. I've been into Camaro's since I was born. My dad ownes a 1969 Z28.. So ive grown up around the most sought after camaro and I knew my first car was gonna be a camaro. When I was 16 I started looking (had a grand to spend) I was looking at third gens but they all sucked for my price range. Found a 1981 camaro that had a 3 speed and a v-6 with a flat cam but the interior and exterior was in pretty ok condition. I fixed it and shortly after blew the main shaft in the tranny. I threw in a muncie 4 speed with a V-Gate Hurst shifter. Shortly after spun a rod bearing from not keeping up on the oil. Did a motor swap and dropped in a sbc 350. A month later I was hit in a parking lot and car was totaled.. afterward I started looking for a 4th gen SS camaro and found what I wanted but couldn't afford it.. ended up buying a quad and a 2000 Chevy s-10. It was such a pos.. I drove it for a year and in that year I replaced all the frontend parts, altinator, muffler, battery and shocks.. I sold it this morning and I'm picking up a 2002 SS SLP Camaro this Monday! I'm 20 years old I live in west Jordan Utah and I absolutely LOVE horsepower and bad *** muscle cars. Glad to be apart of the ls world and more importantly part of the Camaro world. This is an awesome forum and I love all the info I've been getting on it!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Launching!

welcome, did you ever get the camaro?

if so, post pics!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Launching!

You`ll love it here man! Nice find on the SS! Welcome