Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

hey from akron

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey from akron

Hey guys, names tyler. I've always been a big camaro fan and now that I need a new dd I figured nows the best time. Lately I've been big into imports, and my project rx7. But since I've gotten my new job the guys at work have shown me their muscle projects and I feel I time to pick mine up. Looking for a ls1 6spd, which may be stupid for winter but ill get blizzaks and deal haha. Little info on me, I'm 20 and go to stark state college for automotive, before that I took a year of computer programming at the u of akron. My buddies got me involved in cars and its just grown from that. I'm a mechanic at a mitsubishi and hyundai dealer, apart from that I make money buy building car stereo systems and sub boxes. So far I'm aiming at 7k for a camaro not sure if that will get me what I want but I'm hoping so, if not ill buy one of the v6 models that's close and cheap till I save more.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:04 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

7 grand should get you a decent ls1 camaro with a m6, if ya saved a lil more you can get a much nicer car, pretty much starting around 12 to 14a ya can get everything you want out of an fbody, 8 to 9a can get you something with some pretty good mods, if your on a budget thats the way to go, just imo, look on the classifieds on tech, these cars are somewhat cheap to get but spend your time looking for the right car at the right price, also be willing to travel for the best deal
Old 05-05-2012, 08:05 AM

Sweet, I'm looking for a pretty stock one, I rushed and bought my rx7 with an engine swap and a few mods already done to it. Its been a nightmare getting all the "shortcuts" worked out. Travel isn't an issue I drove my buddy from north ohio to mid Kentucky to look at a srt neon then again to buy a second one.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Howdy to Ya.

I am about 1 hour south of you.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:19 AM

Thanks, where u at?