Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

A new one from TX - 99 FRC

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking A new one from TX - 99 FRC

Just purchased a 99 Torch Red C5 FRC!
I've always wanted a Corvette since I first visited my friend's ranch 10 years ago! Her dad has 5 Corvettes maybe 6 or 7 by now (C2, C3, 2 C5 Z06's, and a C6 Z06) He let me drive his stock C5 Z06, I was only allowed to sit in his Lingenfelter C5 Z06

My previous roomate also decided to stick an LS6 in his FD RX7

I sold my 05 Yellow S2000 and began the hunt for a C5 FRC and Z06.
The torque is addicting, the V8 purrrrr is soothing, the speed is and the handling on this amazing piece of American engineering is phenomenal!

I will miss the high RPM and rev happy nature of the S2000 along with the nimble/light weight handling, but upgrading to this Vette still feels like the right move.

I will follow the same recipe for this FRC as I did with the S2000: Shed weight (bucket seats, etc), improve handling (bushings, coilovers, sway bars, roll cage). The power on that LS1 is more than enough for me, especially since the previous owner had the Vararararararararm CAI and Magnaflow exhaust. Maybe in the future I'll go with the LG longtube headers and a retune on the ECU. A set of Hoosiers for the track and I'm ready!

My S2000 at the Circuit of the America's in Austin, TX

Hopefully I'll see some of you out there this November for the F1 race and roaming around Central Texas!

Lots of great info on this site! It's going to take a while to go through it!
Old 05-15-2012, 10:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its always a smart upgrade when moving to a V8. Congrats. Looks clean.