Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from MA

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from MA

New guy from Lowell. im pretty familiar with BBC/SBC but am now ditching the sbc in favor of something better.

heres car 1, its a 1980 malibu with a 460 bbc, th-350 and a strange S-60 rear axle. runs 11.2 @ 120. hopefully it'll go a little better this year, but havent been out due to rain/work schedule.

heres car 2, a 1982 chevy malibu station wagon. currently has a 267, metric trans and 7.5" rear. the next engine will be the 355/th350 out of my dads 79 malibu, but it will be getting an LS engine with a 4L80E and a 8.5" rear from a grand national. i just found a rear and am picking it up this weekend. im still doing a ton of reading and trying to figure out what i want to do for the engine combo. i want fuel economy and power, but i know they don't really go together too well. the 267 gets about 18mpg. i originally wanted a 6.0 with a turbo or 2, but for a daily driver i dont know how well that will go. like i said, i have a lot of learning to do. i'v also never messed with turbos, i was always a nitrous kid.

well, heres the car. it was originally going to get the drivetrain from my 2 door, but it was too nice to cut up. i'v added all the factory braces from g-bodies, a 36mm swaybar from an iroc-z, and the rear end has hotchkis lowers and SSM upper control arms. i still have to add my tubular front uppers and the lowers with poly bushings.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

found a 62,000 mile 5.3, 4L60e that needs a rebuild, all the wiring, accessories and exhaust manifolds for $800. should make it pretty strait forward to swap everything in. still on the fence about a turbo or not.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, love the car