Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

another new guy

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another new guy

New to the forum and just wanted to give a little background
Over the last few years I've read many articles about the gen3 motors and I'm always amazed at their capabilities.
My wifes truck is an '05 GMC with the 5.3 and I love prettymuch everything about it.
I'm here because I plan on installing a 4.8 out of a '04 Chevy truck into my 1974 IH Scout. I bought the entire running and driving truck so I shouldnt have to scrounge too much for parts.
I will be using a NV4500 trans witha Dana20 transfer. This truck will rarely see offroad use,its just a daily driver.
I've worked as a manual machinist for the last 25 years and have a several years experience as a welder too.
I have a Bridgeport mill,a 14x40 lathe and a miller TIG and lincoln mig machines in my shop behind my house. Fabricating anything I need wont be a problem.
HOWEVER, My weakness is in the area of computers and electronics and EFI and such. This is where I'll need LOTS of help
Have already learned alot and have even found others here who have done the same swap.
So heres thanking all of you in advance for all the dumb questions I'll be asking.

Quick Reply: another new guy