Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New and interested

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New and interested

I guess you could say I am finally done fighting it and ready to take a step forward. I have been playing with muscle cars my whole life. I currently own a 68 Chevelle powered by a 388 stroker small block and a 69 Chevelle powered by a 468 big block. My soon to be 14 year old son decided that he would like to have an american muscle car as his first driver, and the search began. I recently located a very solid 1970 Chevy Nova powered by a tired small block 350 and backed with a TH350. If he is going to drive it every day, I need to make this car as reliable as possible. I figure keep make it look decent, but don't go over board because it will be a first car. Really looking forward to a father/son project and the chance of learning the newer stuff. That pretty much sums up why I have signed up. I am ready to start researching and see what I am getting into. Looking forward to following along in the abundant knowledge filled forums. Thanks for having me.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome. Can't wait to be able to do something like that with my son.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate the welcome. Going to pick up the Nova today. His mom is not feeling it. She doesn't see the car being something he dedicates time to. She thinks he will quickly lose interest. Guess I will just have to take that chance. If he loses interest, the build will go another direction. Forget the reliable build and go crazy. Only time will tell.

Quick Reply: New and interested