Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from Tx!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 09:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Tx!

First off, I have to admit that I have been lurking around on this site for years. I had owned a 2000 WS.6 and sold it as I was just getting around to trolling this site regularly. It had a mild head's cam setup from kotzur racing heads "hand ported" and made 351rwhp and 369 rwtq on a Mustang Dyno.

Anyways! My name is Will and I am Originally from San Antonio TX, But currently reside in South California. I felt the time for a proper Introduction was due, seeing how I just purchased the car I have been dreaming of since it was released. Here's the goods!

2002 Electron Blue Z06, approximately 43,000 miles
ERL Superdeck 427- Callies Compstar Rods, K1 Crank, Wiseco pistons, billet main caps
Flowtech Inductions cam
FAST92/95mm throttle body
Varamram with true 4" to throttle body and 4" MAF
ET255 heads
Jesel adjustable shaft rockers
Trend 3/8" pushrods
QTP two piece front cover
1.875" Kooks headers, 3" x-pipe, Titanium exhaust
McLeod RST twin disc clutch
Tick Adjustable Master and new slave cylinder
RSI dual pump hanger with two Walbro 255s and the RSI hotwire kit
RSI fuel rails
Ford 42lb Greentop injectors
Meziere electric water pump
DeWitts radiator (blower style to clear the 4" inlet) with the dual Spal fans
Pfadt motor mounts
ARP bolts/studs throughout. If there was a place that I could put an ARP bolt/stud, there is one.
Oil pressure sender relocation
Transmission tunnel plate with insulation
DC Power Engineering 275amp alternator
Saikou Michi dual oil catch can
MGW shifter with stock shift ****

and of course the essentials

First thing that was an ABSOLUTE "must have" was a set of OE Wheels 17x9.5 front and 18x10.5 rear, Gunmetal with a chrome lip rolling on some Pilot Sport SP2's "265 front/295 rear". Only thing I would recommend to OE Wheels is that they list on their website that the staggered set of 17/18" wheels, is that the rear are in fact dish. I was worried that they wouldn't be because every other wheel sets specifically stated dish or not, and this set didn't. All worked out in the end though.

Had the car Dyno'd last week at Lethal Performance
http://youtu.be/zDTjnMEf8eM

I have known Danny for a long time. Great guy and I know the caliber of the cars coming out of his shop. Needless to say, I know who I'm going to for all future work After A couple of pulls and some tuning, this was the final numbers

The tuner said I could gain another 40rwhp from a more aggressive cam, and I am sure even more if i decide to part ways with the stock titanium exhaust. Not sure if I will bother with the cam, as I am looking to let Advanced Inductions take control over my entire top end, starting with some ls7 heads and a port matched 102mm LSXR Manifold/TB.

After having looked the setup over on this car over and noticed that the short block is built for boost with dish piston's, yet the car is running high compression "11:5:1". The only thing I can conclude is that the seller initially had big plans, but ran into a crunch and needed to get the car together and sold in a hurry. So when I get around to the head swap I will likely be dropping compression and possibly going with a TTIX kit or something from Procharger's list of goodies.

That is about all I got at the moment but before I go..."recorded in Mexico of course"
http://youtu.be/9TUsCWZQD88
Let me know what you guys think

Quick Reply: Hello from Tx!