Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from Ohio.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from Ohio.

Hey, guys.

Name's Andrew. I just bought a 2004 GTO about 3 weeks ago. 80k miles, Pulse Red, M6 trans, All black interior, Kooks headers and catless mids, magnaflow muffler for 11,300. I absolutely adore this car. My first car was a minivan that was a gift from my parents, which was also when I got my first ticket. 106 in a 55. Nothing like blaring some Metallica while hauling ***** in your mom's old Plymouth Voyager, right?

My second vehicle was a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500, did a leveling kit, 33" mud tires, made my own bumper and such. This is when I really started to get into modifying vehicles and doing my own work to them. Being a Dodge, all I ever did was work on it. I sold it after the trans, steering, and both axles went. What a piece. I vowed to never buy another Dodge.

Which led me to my third. A 1994 Toyota Corolla base model, 5 speed, nice and BEIGE. I went from a soccer mom, to a mudder, to a ricer. The thing was rusted and beat to hell, but I've never had anything more mechanically reliable. It had 230k on it when I bought it, I put 1,600 on it in a week driving to TN and back. 42 MPG and not a single problem, didn't burn a drop of oil. Gotta love the old Yotas. After I drove this for awhile, I just got bored with it and recently got a promotion and work, so I decided to look around for a new car. I looked for a couple weeks, then discovered the GTO. I had no idea the car even existed. I've never seen one around here in my life, which is why I had never known about it. I started researching it and couldn't believe the amount of car I got for what I paid.

I love the power. But what I love the most is how, when you just want to get home, this car will be so quiet and comfortable and just a nice place to be. Then, when you want to, you can open the taps and it becomes an absolute animal.

I can't wait to start wrenching.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What part of ohio?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Northeast.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts