Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from DFW, Texas

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from DFW, Texas

Hey guys! My name is Cole. I'm 22 years old. I'm a Firefighter/Paramedic.
I am new to the forum. I recently decided to stop riding Harleys and build a car. This is my first car build. I am looking forward to getting into the scene and meeting some cool new people.

I just bought a 1994 Camaro. Originally an LT1 car, but its last motor was an LS1. I got it with no motor, no trans and it has a perfectly straight body for a really good price.

I'm not sure which direction I want to head with the motor and trans yet... So for now I am putting a six point cage in, some new bucket seats and carpet.
I'm hoping to get some ideas from you guys on a reasonably affordable motor and trans build. I had an LS1 and a 6 speed in mind.. heads, cam, headers... etc I want to be over 400hp. My intensions are mostly for street and maybe a little track time.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Turbo 5.3 junkyard build FTW. You'll run 9's in a matter of months.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:18 PM

I hadn't put much thought into the 5.3.... It seems that you could get one much cheaper and still dish out some great horsepower. Would it bolt to LS1 K-member and motor mounts without serious modification, and would I still have all the same options for transmissions? Clearance issues with hood?

Quick Reply: New guy from DFW, Texas