Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

new guy from ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy from ohio

hey all. im getting ready to start a new project and this will be my first time venturing into Chevy land. was refereed over her by another forum for some help into what will be best for what im wanting to accomplish with my build that being said, ive always been a ford guy but always had a secret liking for chevys. but lets keep that hush hush.

little bit about me. i live in hilliard ohio and have since birth. im 21 and have owned over 30 cars/trucks and a bike. now the part im sure 97% of you will flame me for. they have mostly been.....mustangs and ford trucks / suv's. now with that being said im not here to do a chevy this ford that. im a car guy. i love them all. i just happen to have a preference for fords. grew up around them. now to me the ls is a damn fine motor. im a ford guy and ill admit that. hence my next project.

now ive owned a handful of foxbody a new edge cobra and GT. but ive always loved the foxbody the most.

5.3 fox is the plan. my goal is around 400whp out of the 5.3 but not sure how to get there yet. planing h/c/i for it. thinking of going 228 cam ls6 heads, intake, tb as a "budget build" to get the car together and running first.
i want to use a t56 but not sure what to use as i want the shifter in the correct location. ive read i will have to use the turbo coupe peddles for this as well. this car will be built for the purpose of being a street car but to also have fun at autocross events, track days and maybe a few pass's a year at the track. but will 90% be a street car.

now im 100% open to suggestions on the best way to put the motor together as this will be my first chevy build. plan to start this project soon. in the process of looking for a clean 87-93 hatch roller to start with. soon as that happens. we will let the games begin.

welp, time to use the search function and do some digging. dont be surprised if i start picking everyone brain here soon. new world for me.

Thanks, Ryan

Quick Reply: new guy from ohio