Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 08:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello New to the forum

Hello all, Ive come to LS1Tech to learn all i can about LS-base motors.

Im coming from a BMW background, and had a Built E36 M3 Motor into a 1991 318IS with a GT3582R making 600whp. The Car was built as a drift car but i also took it down the strip and was able to run a 10.66 @ 132..

I sold my race car, 07 CCLB Duramax, and my trailer to buy a house and now that i have done that. Im itching to build another car.. this time around it will be a 1998 BMW M3 with a LS motor and either a T56 or a T-101 Dogbox..

The car will be used for some street, Drifting, and drag racing.. Looking to be about 450whp, so im thinking of going with the following

Im basing this off of a Truck Build that i read. HERE https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...230-heads.html

Below is what ive gathered by reading to get me in the ball park of the power i want to be at.

- LQ9 6.0
- AFR 230cc LSX Mongoose Strip Aluminum Cylinder Heads with 62cc Chambers
- FAST 102 Intake
- FAST 102 Throttle body
- Aeromotive 340lph Fuel pump

- Cam? I dont know what specs I need good Midrange/top end say 3000rpm to redline.
- Fuel rails - Aeromotive?
- Injectors - 42lb?
- Fuel Pressure Regulator?

Any guidence would be great, ive had a hard enough time going back and forth between LQ4/9 or LS2 complete dropout for $7500 and have a stock motor.

Quick Reply: Hello New to the forum