Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newbie from KY

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 07:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie from KY

Hey guys just thought id say hi and thanks for all the great information on this site. I am new to the LS world and have been learning alot thanks to everyone on here. Turned on to LS world by recently attending the 2013 LSFest with my dad and it looks to be awsome. He was extremely impressed with the cars and trucks sporting the motors having never seen alot of extreme fast vehicles at the event. He's just an ol country boy that has only delt with Gen 1 small and big block motors. We always thought that the "new" motors would be to complicatedto swap due to "all" the electronics. I have since seen this is not so.

I currently have a 1968 Camaro with a small block gen 1 406, but the popularity and simplicity of doing any kind of swap to an LS style engine is really interesting. My dad has several (cant count them on two hands) old project cars and old cars in general. One of which is a S10 with a 383 he bought for the motor for his 69 camaro. When we pull the motor he has said he will let me bracket race the truck next year with another engine and since seeing all the swaps i am seriously looking at going to a junk yard 5.3 with some minor mods. Anyways will keep you up to date if and when we do a swap. Thanks again for all the information and this seems like a great forum.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Forgot to put a picture of my lady.
Attached Thumbnails Newbie from KY-ca4.jpg  
Old 10-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Teching In

Welcome
Old 10-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Teching In

That's a good lookin Camaro. Do you drive it often or garage it or race it or what?

Quick Reply: Newbie from KY