Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy, saying hello from Denver

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New guy, saying hello from Denver

New to the site, thought I would say "Hello"
I've been a Gearhead ever since I was little..............I always found myself taking my toys apart to see how they worked. Mechanical knowledge has always been in my blood.........
My interest in cars started young (I had, and still have quite a collection of Hot-Wheels) but it really ignited when the movie "Smoky and the Bandit" came out. I was 7 yrs old, and that pretty much steered me towards GM as far as my brand of choice.
This would come back to haunt me when I was 16. My first car ended up being a Black on Black 1977 Trans-Am...............My Dad had tought me the basics of car maintenence, and I took it from there......
Over the following decades I would find myself owning numerous cars, including another 1977 Firebird Esprit, and a 1976 Formula 4-speed (sadly, these all moved on to other places)
Even though I have owned cars from a number of brands, I have always been a "GM Guy", and was sad when Pontiac was dropped..............
I currently own a 1995 Firehawk. I have owned it since July of 1999......
I was living in Syracuse, NY at the time, and drove down to Virginia to buy it as a birthday present to myself
Fast forward to the present, and it doesn't get driven that much anymore. My current daily driver is a Jeep Cherokee, and a Yamaha FJ1200 when the weather is nice, however the Firehawk was my daily driver for years!
She currently has a ton-load of miles on her.................She has had the T-56 rebuilt (twice), the 10-bolt replaced once, then rebuilt (re-geared to 3.90) again. She currently wears Eibach springs and an ACPT carbon-fiber driveshaft, and boxed factory rear control arms with relocating brackets.....
She sports a shock tower brace above the factory stock LT-1 engine..........
She currently needs a new paint job. (The Arizona desert sun wasn't too kind during the decade I spent there) and the driver's seat is pretty trashed from all the miles I've sat in it.
My future plans for her is what brings me here...........................I have a complete spare LT-1 engine sitting in my garage, that I have been slowly collecting parts to re-build, however I decided to go a different route.........I have located a 6.0 out of a 2007 Silverado that needs a rebuild, and my future plans now include a 400-ish cube LS engine...........I am going to ditch the LT-1 and do the conversion.
I have already read the "Sticky" posts, so I know what I am up against........I hope to gain some knowledge from the site as I dive deeper into my car build.
Further down the road, she'll eventually have a roll cage, and I am setting up the car more for road-race than straight-line performance...........Eventually I would like to do some track-day events, and a few open-road events and hill-climbs.
Anyway, we'll see how it goes.................as time and money allow.
Glad to be a part of your site!

Alan H.
Denver, CO

Quick Reply: New guy, saying hello from Denver