Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Just joined and need a little help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Just joined and need a little help!

Hello all and Merry Christmas!
My name is Justin and Im from Wheeling WV. Im a married man with beutiful wife n daughter and another in the oven : ) !
I have browsed around the forum a few times for help and figured I would go ahead and sign up. Im a very proud owner of clean 1996 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS6. It was kindly left to me by my wifes late uncle who passed away this past Feb.He took a trip to Mesa AZ. and passed while there. He must have known the end was near becouse on eday in early Feb. 13 I get an unexpected Priority envelope in the mail. Thinkin .. hum.."wonder what this is"...Well my wife an I open it to find her uncles last will and testement along with a set of keys! And in the bottom of this pile of documents I see a title! Im thinkin ... "whats the keys n title about" :confusjed: I didnt know what these keys and title were about. Sure didnt think it was his TA title n keys! This was his pride n joy ofcourse. Well to my suprise I pull the keys to see the black plastic GM keys and knew then what they were for. THEY WERE THE TA KEYS N TITLE SIGNED OVER TO ME AND MY WIFE! I about had a heart attack! Well oddly enough he was dead less than a week later. So a little winter get away to AZ. was needed. My wife n I took a bus and drove her home. I was now the proud owner of beutiful all black, fully loaded WS6! I cried like sissy when I got in it for the first time. I couldnt believe this was happining! This car was sick! All black, t tops, leather interior, monsoon stereo, everything! The mods I found so far are a hurst shifter, flomaster, k&n filter, upgraded mass air flow sensor( dont recall brand) And it just broke 100,000 miles. It was well maintained while he owned it.

*little addition. My nook tab wont let me get the curser to the bottom to type their. So Im adding it here. It has one plug wire that looks damaged. It has a minor burn on the coating. Not sur eif its all the way through to core. I plan on buying new wires n plugs. I also plan on replacing the strait pipe I installed and was gonna get a new cat and the co2 sensor behind it. One tech down the street who installed the two sensores I replaced said removin gthe cat would make the car run like $h!t. But other people said no, it should hurt anything. * again. This should be at bottom. Sorry if I lost you.

The problem is it was loosing power sometime. Like it didn't wanna get it, if you know what I mean. Like it was lacking a lot of power then it would just kick in and go. It's not the trans. it feels more like its.not.runnin on all 8. As you probably figured..I'm no mechanic. I have little knowledge in cars other than very basic stuff. But it did this for awhile. Then died. I found a rotted vacuum line. So I replaced them along with a new fuel filter and fuel pump. The mechanic that installed the pump for me said it needed new Co2 sensores and a new catalytic converter. After getting the pump it was running again. But still had the funny power loss and after I would drive the car a little it would stall out. If I would make a short 5 min drive it was fine. But.let me make a few quick trips around town it would start dieing again. Like it had a daily limit on my driving. The longer it ran the more prone it was to die. When it would die I would have to let it sit for hours until it would fire up. The longer it sits the quicker it fires up and the better it runs. Once in awhile when it experiences power loss the check engine light flashes. Rarely does the flashing happin. Twice in months. Well after the pump I followed the technicians instructions. I was poor becouse my wife's seabring started breaking down too. So my car has three co2 sensors. Two under hood, one o yne each manifold( I think there called,sorry I know! I'm learning!) And one behind the cat. The dual exhaust meets under the car before the cat and then there's another co2 sensor behind it(the 3rd one). I tried to be cheap as I said and replaced the top two co2 sensors and cut the cat out and installed.a strait pipe temporarily. Well this didn't work. My car continued to worsen and it won't start at all.now. Please help!

Last edited by Cika; 12-24-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm bumping this guys. I really need help. Our seabrings tranny is about to die and I gotta make this run. I plan on New plugs, wires, distributor/ optyspark. Like I said I have limited mechanical knowledge and my seabring is on its last leg.

Last edited by Cika; 12-25-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Just joined and need a little help!