Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

L33 into a Ranger

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L33 into a Ranger

Ive been browsing the site for a long time, and finally made the decision to join. I might as well introduce myself and get it out of the way. This will be my first "big" project. I've tried my hand at modifying subarus/BMWs, then moved on to Jeeps. Thats when the bug to actually "build" something bit. Went out, bought a plasma cutter, MIG welder, alot of other tools needed, and a Ford Ranger. After seeing a buddy swap a 5.3 into an s10, I figured, "how hard can it be":

1997 Ranger, 3.0L V6 5spd.

I intstalled a set of DJM 3" drop dream beams, notched and boxed in the rear frame, installed a 4.10 LSD disc brake ford 8.8, and picked up a set of used aluminum wheels for the time being.

Since that photo was taken, I have installed 1" lift shackles in the rear, to level out the ride height, and lowered the front 1 more inch.

Last edited by Marshal.; 01-13-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Ive since picked up a L33 from the local junk yard

Ive source the GMPP h3 oil pan, some valve covers from summit to dress it up, and the GMPP accessory drive without the AC. Hopefully this will still allow me to run the power steering.

Ive since cleaned and painted the motor, as well as picked up a Professional Product Typhoon intake. Im still undecided on a cam for the engine, and Im waiting to see what I can find for transmission. Id like to stick with an overdrive 4spd for the swap, so I can still cruise on the highway, but have had a very difficult time trying to source one locally.

Im currently stock piling parts, with the current projects being a rear mounted battery, and fabricating up some traction bars for it.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Ive ditched the stock bench seat for some suade Recaros out of an EVO III.

The brackets for the traction bars Ive had laser cut out

How the DreamBeams compare to the factory style
Old 01-13-2014, 10:16 PM
Teching In

in all honesty, the real reason Ive posted, is because Im trying to find any information on this particular vehicle. As far as Ive been able to tell, its one of the only completed LS swaps into a ranger, and Ive been trying to find out more information on it:

Old 09-05-2014, 05:33 PM
12 Second Club

Did you get your project finished?

Quick Reply: L33 into a Ranger