Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from ATL

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from ATL

Hey guys names Erik from Atl. I came here to see if you guys could help me figure something out. Im looking to buy a 5.3 v8 swapped wrangler. They guy im buying it from does not have emissions in his county buy I do. He did the swap himself and has the 5.3 computer some how wired in with the original jeep ecm. He got his code runner and ran the codes and there were 5 misc codes. 2 were lean codes that i assume is from a CAI and Full exhaust.One other was from clipping the CEL. I bet the other is from the vin not matching or something. I can try and get the numbers from him . Seem like some codes you would expect from the swap. The motor seems to have all emissions equipment and 2 cats.
I live in Atlanta and have emissions. My question is: if I get the codes cleared, will It pass emissions? I am not positive on what they look for here in Atlanta but I think they just look for codes and readiness. Will anything else cause me to not pass? Will I run into any other problems. Does anyone else have experience with this?

Thanks for any help, I hate to ask so many questions but idk where else to get my answers. I don't want to spend a ton of cash on a jeep and not be able to get a tag for it.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Hope enjoy site man
Old 02-18-2014, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Hope u enjoy site

Quick Reply: New from ATL