Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Guy Here

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy Here

After years of drooling over the WS6, I finally bought one last weekend. It's a 2002, 40k miles, with an auto. It has a Corsa cat back system, and you can see it's lowered with TT2's. I really wanted a 6 speed, but couldn't pass this up. This is my first LS car, I have been a 2nd gen Camaro guy since I was 19. I painted the calipers last night, but don't have a picture yet. I have 2 questions, as you can see, the previous owner put the strip on the hood. Should I keep that or put the ram air sticker back on? I am leaning towards the original sticker. Just not sure yet. Next question, since it is lowered, I hit the tires on bumps all the time. I want to keep it lowered, but what can I put in the rear to stiffen it up some? Below are pics of the WS6 and my 81 Z.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The car looks great in that stance. Check the lowering spring, if there is a brand or name or color. The original springs were a dark grey stocker looking color, stock shocks are the DeCarbons, see if they are on there - they were orange. Reason I ask, is maybe you have a combo that isn't working well in the suspension. Examples: Maybe a 'cut' stock spring, or good lowering springs but have original shocks.

I just totally upgraded my suspension over the summer and car is low (and I have electric cutouts), and hits those speed bumps in grocery store parking lots, but doesn't bottom out if I hit a pot hole or dip in road.

Some good vendors for suspension parts: I think I used them all LOL. I used a suspension combination of BMR Torque Arm, UMI relocation bracket, Founders panhard bar, lower control arms and strut tower brace, Spohn subframe connects and upper/lower A arms. Vogtland lowering springs (they are purple - why I asked what color yours was, ex. Stranos are white) SLP Bilsteins, Moog tie rods, ST Suspensions sway bars. So I kinda used a lot of vendors because I bought the build 1 piece at a time, looking for sales, discount codes, free shipping, etc.....until I had the entire build.

The strip on the hood is common, I've seen them a few times. It's a personal preference. It looks good. I've seen screaming chickens, racing stripes, air ram, hp stickers, etc. Vinyl peels off and tons of options. Good find, I have the A4 too and just put in a Circle D 3600 stall.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:05 AM
Staging Lane

I know they are lowering springs because he gave me the stock ones. The new springs are red. It does still have stock shocks on it. Thanks for the info. At least I know where I need to start.

Quick Reply: New Guy Here