Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New here and need some help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here and need some help!!

I recently purchased a 1999 WS6 T/A. Has a stock LS6, 6 Spd, has just over 36000 miles, nothing special (yet)lol Well i have two issues with it. One. The AC doesnt work. I replaced the blower motor, relays, and fuses. The only other thing i can think of is the resistor. Would i be right? Also the Radio doesnt come on, however it does have power. CD's go in and out lights come on it just wont acctaully turn on Any ideas? oh and the horn doesnt work. Is there anyway these can be related? Thanks in advanced
Old 05-24-2014, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 133 Posts

The a/c could be a bad compressor. There is a stereo forum where someone might have an idea about the radio. Good luck and congrats on the car!
Old 05-24-2014, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I take it by you replacing the blower motor that the motor isn't blowing. If that is the case then yes the resistor can make the blower not work. As for the radio, I have seen in a few GM cars that the speakers are a bit on the "not so good" side. I recently worked on a 2001 Monte Carlo SS that a customer put a new radio in thinking that it was a bad radio only to find out that all his speakers were blown. I would recommend hooking up a known good speaker before going to deep, then if that doesn't work you may be looking at a bad amplifier. Good luck, Jim

Quick Reply: New here and need some help!!