Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forum

Hello to Everyone out there. My named is Marty. I own & drive a 98 C5 Corvette Coupe with a LS1 V-8 engine. Last year when I was jacking her up to change the oil & filer on my LS1 engine. I jacked her up on the sides, placing jack stands under her. After, I changed the oil filer, using a GM filter bought from the local Chevy dealer, & priming it, with Mobil 1- 5/30 engine oil, 6 quarts, I lowered her, & started her up, the oil sending unit in pounds went up to 129 on the gauge on the heads up display. Is there something in the oil sending unit that could cause this situation? of maxing out the oil pressure? Is the oil pressure electrical & something has stuck because, I jacked up the car instead of putting blocks under the tires to raise her to get a floor jack under the engine support to raise the vehicle to drain the oil from her, without having a car lift? Has something else broken which is causing the heads up display to show 129 pounds of oil pressure, or is the engine really putting out 129 pounds of oil pressure. Now this year, when I looked under the engine, there is a major oil leak dripping from some where up top of the engine down to the drain plug on the oil pan.

Quick Reply: New to Forum