Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New on LS1Tech

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 03:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New on LS1Tech

Hi people,

yeah I'm new on this forum and hoping to find the answers I'm looking for.
I have this '71 Opel A Commodore Coupe since 1984 and restored and modified it to my liking. I also dragraced it for 4 seasons, mainly on 1/8 mile tracks and to be honest, it mostly was sprint instead of dragrace actually. The class was sort of street legal (registered cars and no slicks).
I have a 3.0L inline six with a manual 5speed, ZF-locker and 3.89 gears. Best time was 9,4 sec.

Although I always wanted a V8 in it and a Chevy was the only option, it never came to really put one in.
Being an F-16 Flightchief in the Royal Dutch Air Force brings one all over the world but also keeps you away from home at the same time. Being also a mechanic for a BMW touringcar raceteam for more then 10 years, takes up a lot of time also and then I have to be a husband and father too.
The raceteam stopped some years ago and my Commodore shows some signs of time. She's gonna need some attention the coming years and why not going for some more Pro Street look: bigger tyres in the back and some extra cilinders??
The new Chevy engine/trans combo's look appealing, who doesn't want an automatic 6speed??

Last edited by m3gtdriver; 06-11-2014 at 03:22 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome hope you find what you are looking for lots of knowledgeable people on here.

Quick Reply: New on LS1Tech