Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Could be back for LS powa?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could be back for LS powa?

Alright,

So I'm not exactly new to the site...I registered quite a while ago and my first F-body was a 96 T/A. Had it for a few years, did some minor bolt ons then traded it in for a 2002 WS6. I didn't have it very long (little over a year) but I gained a wealth of knowledge from this site before I bought my first LS1 car and while I owned it. I eventually got bored with the automatic and decided to go back to imports. Had an EVO IX for about 5 years and sold it because I bought a home and wanted to focus on that for a while.

Well it's been almost a year since I sold the EVO and have been considering another LS powered car. I have my eyes on the 2013-14 SS 1LE. Coming from an EVO, I can't have a car that can't handle or I won't be happy. Everything I've seen or read about these cars has been good. I have a few buddies with 5.0 Stangs and I'm not out to beat them but I already expect to hear them talk smack if I get a Camaro. But from what I've seen the 1LE is basically neck and neck at the dragstrip with the Trac Pack 5.0's. And they outperform on the road course thanks to a better suspension, tires, and transmission.

So I guess my question is how many of you own a 1LE and how do you like it? What previous cars have you owned that you would compare it to? Any advice on them and pricing, what I should expect to pay for a used, low mileage 2013 or new 2014. I'll be honest, I'm leaning more towards the 2014.

Quick Reply: Could be back for LS powa?