Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

sneaking in under the radar in bama

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sneaking in under the radar in bama

I'll start off with saying I think I'm having an early mid-life crisis; the bulk of my automotive background has revolved around volvos and doing crazy things with them (like my race toy, 2.5L volvo motor with a little holset hx52 and th400). I've spent most of my years railing against v8's and the general crowd that seems to follow them around, and I have to say, I still feel like maybe this thing won't work out (host implant rejection and what not), but we'll see..

A recent failure in my tow **** has opened the opportunity for re-evaluation of goals and the path to get there... After much thought and reading I discarded my initial plans to procure a 2jz-gte swap, and instead jumped into the GM pool with an 06 5.3. Parts gathering for the swap continues (still have to track down a transmission, converter, and probably a bunch of little things, but that's the fun, right?), but I've got a pretty clear path and what I believe are pretty reasonable goals-

low to mid 500's for hp, which will only be 100 to 150 over what it was doing with the volvo setup, gross overkill with a 4L80e (I already use some 4L80 components in the th400 thats in the race car, so makes sense to keep within that sorta range. Also, towing.). To achieve this end, the plan is for a mild cam/springs/retainers and after I get the other kinks sorted out, a turbo (I mean, why not, right? everything is better blown..). I've already been lurking around reading up on some of this stuff, so I figured I would join up and occasionally stir the pots, but more likely dig around in the classifieds for the litany of little things I'm sure I'll need along the way.

Quick Reply: sneaking in under the radar in bama