Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New here

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here

Hey I'm new to the site. I have a 2001 ws6 I've put a short stick in it, and I'm about to put a ms3 cam, stage 3 monster clutch, tsp long tube headers and off road y pipe, cut out, and corsa cat back exhaust! Where could I get an hid headlight conversion kit?
Old 11-28-2014, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!
Regarding HIDs you will want some kind of HID projector retrofit. If you just get the bulbs + ballast and stick them directly in the stock headlamps the result won't be very good. It will be brighter, but it will blind other people and also have lots of uneven lighting areas.

Blackbird lighting solutions (a forum sponsor) has some ready made ones available for your car. It's a bit pricey, but more or less all ready to go.
If you are more of a DIY type of person you can get most everything you need to do it yourself from theretrofitsource.com for quite a bit cheaper (and do the retrofit yourself). They are even having a good Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale the next few days (make sure to use the discount coupon codes posted on the site in addition to whatever sales they have).
Definitely do some searching around the forum and see what other people have done for your car. Hidplanet.com is also a useful forum to check out as well for more hid info. Hope this info helps and good luck
Old 11-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Welcome to the site. Depending on what you already bought for your build, you might check out some of the vendors' Black Friday deals for some parts.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:26 AM

Thanks for the info guys!
Old 12-23-2014, 03:03 PM
Teching In

welcome

Quick Reply: New here