Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

MacLoGoS Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool MacLoGoS Introduction

Hey Everyone,

Im new to this forum and im very excited to be apart of this community. I currently own a 1970 Camaro RS and im slowly putting a LS1 T56 combo into it. I have a few questions in regards to this swap but from what i have been reading on this forum im in the right place!!
Old 12-15-2014, 05:00 PM

So i guess i should start with what im doing on the car and parts i have already acquired.

So far i have:

full longblock LS1 5.7 (Pretty sure came from a WS6)

T56 transmission from same vehicle

Speedtech adjustable trans crossmember

Tanks inc EFI gas tank

Wire harness is all ready to go since it was already converted for the swap in my buddies 69 camaro.

I know its not much but i mostly have been focused on the body work and suspension and brake conversions. I already replaced all the interior wireharness with brand new everything. But since now all those things are mainly finished (except for paint) I was ready to swap the engine and trans. I purchased this setup from a buddy of mine that had it swapped into his 69 Camaro RS. So getting to one of the questions i have about this swap is Alternator relocation along with the power steering. I was told on NastyZ28 that i would need the corvette acc brackets. I found a bracket that i think would work (part# GM12578068) and im wondering if that would work for my setup. I still have other battles to deal with like headers ect... but im gonna be ready to drop the LS1 into the car and need to figure out my alt, Ac, and power steering clearances. Any help and info is much appreciated.

Last edited by MacLoGoS; 12-16-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:29 AM

I finally got my photos sorted so i can send some pics of the car im working on. Its still being torn down and body work is being done so its not complete at the moment lol.

Here is the engine im pulling out along with the 4 speed.

And here are some interior shots after POR and dynamat install.

And here are the seats i got along with the wood steering wheel and shifter. Got a auto console but im gonna mod it to work.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:35 AM

I also did front and rear (Disc conversion) Drilled and slotted brakes with new calipers and pads. All new suspension with energy suspension red poly bushings. Front Hotchkis springs and rear Hotchkis rear leaf springs with Bilstein HD shocks.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:48 PM
Teching In

Welcome nice project
Old 12-16-2014, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Maxjon97
Welcome nice project
Thanks. Im still working out random issues but so far its been pretty straight forward with body work and wiring.

Quick Reply: MacLoGoS Introduction