Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New LS1 tech!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LS1 tech!!

HI everyone! I am a proud owner of a 98 Formula. I bought the car from an individual in Tn. So needless to say I am not sure what all is done to her. I do know she has LS6 intake, port and polished heads, a cam of some size, pacesetters long tube, 2800 stall, and i am sure there is more. I am having some issues with her tho.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:14 AM

I do have a few questions. I was wondering if anyone could help me. My car is leaking coolant I believe it is the water pump. The coolant is making a puddle under the driver side toward the front, but I can also see if running off the oil pan. It is making a horrilbe sqeaking noise which I assume is from the coolant getting on the belt. When I start her up she falls flat on her face the first couple starts. It fires right up but doesn't stay running. After a it levels out it idles at 2k rpms. I know that is to high. I noticed yesterday it had been running for about 10 mins when I could smell something burning. I looked over everything. I noticed that my headers where cherry red. I turned her off as soon as I seen it. I am not sure why they got that way. I have no cats on her. Any suggestions? I wanna get her back on the road. Please help!!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Banned

Welcome!
Old 12-24-2014, 08:45 AM

Thanks. Now if I can figure her issues out lol
Old 12-24-2014, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

Welcome. It sounds like you have a bad water pump gasket that's leaking and your tune needs adjustment. Hope you get it worked out. Fix the coolant leak first, then have a tuner look over your tune.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:01 PM

Sweet! Thanks man! I'll let you know how it goes.

Quick Reply: New LS1 tech!!