Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Painted Fast 102 Intake and modification

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painted Fast 102 Intake and modification

New Peak Speed ported Fast 102 intake with unmodified EGR and MAP sensor holes.

Modified front of intake to include: sanded holes with 80 grit sandpaper to rough up,inserting throttle cable bracket screw nuts in captured nut openings, inserted machine throttle cable bracket screws all the way into nuts ,filled opening/holes with 3M 8235 2 part epoxy to fill holes/openings, removed machine screws after 5 minutes when epoxy first started to harden to lock nuts in,sanded epoxy level, filled rough areas with body filler, and prepped for primer. Also ground RHS casting off.

Intake after sanding recessed areas with porting cartridge rolls, and then 180 grit followed with 320 grit sandpaper for final sand on bare intake plastic runners prior to applying 2 coats of plastic adhesive, 4 coats 2k high build primer. This picture is prior to finish sanding with 400 grit sandpaper in preparation for refinishing. Refinishing was 2 coats of Dupont Chroma Base base coat followed by 3 coats of clear coat.

Intake after being sprayed showing clean look of filled holes in front of intake.

Painted letters with paint pen after base coat applied then clear coated over entire intake.

Refinished MAP sensor and blacked out MAP sensor harness for clean look

Ground off all coil cover mounting bosses off of stock valve covers, primed, and refinished with same base coat/clear coat intake was painted with.

Intake installed and fuel lines pre plumbed. Nick Williams 102mm throttle body, Fast fuel rails, Aeromotive regulator, with all AN fittings. Getting ready to install DS1C Pro Charger next.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

That looks great! How is it holding up? Is it installed in the car yet?
Old 07-25-2015, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Default Painted Fast 102 Intake and modification

Sweet! I'm building a dodge Dakota mud truck with a 5.3ls w a V1 Vortech charger..
Where did you get the coil brackets from? I really like
Old 07-26-2015, 02:34 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks really nice. I haven't decided if I want to paint mine before I install it but that looks a lot getter than they do bare.

Quick Reply: Painted Fast 102 Intake and modification