Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Greetings from NC

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from NC

What's up fellow gear heads. Just getting on board to the might of real American muscle. Only took me about 38 yrs to figure it out...

Got into cars at a younger age but got my basic knowledge working on Imports. But in my defense that was prior to the F&F movies. Kinda got out of it for a while but getting back into the mechanic profession has brought my passion for the build back.

I am currently starting on a new project build, sadly one that has been done countless number of times before. But on a bright side, I have plenty of information to reference. I am starting a S10 V8 build. I am still in the drafting and budgeting phase but as of right now my plans are:

1994-1997 S10 short bed
LQ4 bottom end honed(forged pistons/Rods)
L92 Heads
LS3 Intake
TR220 or 275HR-12 cam w/ Z06 springs
4L80E Trans
All new bearings, rings, gaskets, block plug, etc...

In the end I would like to keep this as a fun drive around ride with some track capabilities. Hopefully with in due time I can look at a small 10-12lbs of boost but not in my current scope. If anyone on here has experience, tips, or just simply wants to keep up current progress, let me know. Unfortunately I live in an apt so it will not be a fast build. Chances are I will be rebuilding the engine out of a dinky little storage provided by property.

Quick Reply: Greetings from NC