Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Noob with a ls LUV

Old 02-26-2015, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob with a ls LUV

Hello everyone. New to the forum and to this whole LS world but ive read a lot already on here and learned a lot so I figured I'd join up and hopefully learn a lot more

Well my project has always been my 76' Chevy LUV. I had a 388 stroker sbc in it but it spun a cam lobe about a year ago and instead building that motor back to the way I wanted it I found a lq9 that I eventually want to boost instead. So that being said I have the long block sitting in the garage now and need to start this whole LUV v8 conversion over again. I'm excited about putting an LS in it this time but I'm pretty clueless on most of it at the moment so any input would be greatly appreciated. What I need for starters is a stand alone harness and pcm. Plus thoughts on getting this done the cheapest way possible, intake and headers. Plus all the other knick knack crap that goes along with a swap. Oh yeah. Plus I'll be using my TKO600 trans. So anyways. That's what I got. Look forward to hearing some input. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

welcome to site. If you dont have a harness, its wide open & depends what you want to spend. Me, I would do a truck harness in the luv. An 02 or older DBC cable operated throttle as it would be cheap & easy hook up. Get pcm along with it. LT1Swap.com has the wiring info for you to do it yourself. Im in middle of one now(squarebody 5.3 conversion). What ever you have for charging will probaly for most part should work other may have to ad pcm to it. Fuel system is wide open. A lot of conversions done using vette filter/pump combo external on frame somewhere. Dont know about headers for you.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:57 PM

That's kinda the road I was planning on taking. I wasn't sure about either getting a harness from a car or truck but definitely DBC. do you have any part numbers for that vette pump/filter combo? Some pics of how people are setting them up would help also. I was thinking about a Holley fuel pump but what ever works and whatever fits my budget right now is what I need. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont have pics of pump/filter but you can get them online or parts stores. I did my skylark by getting a new tank and installed a silverado pump after modifing tank for it. Im on my square body chevy truck now. It has a suburban tank thats efi already. Im just going to change pump itself for Ls one. Used harnesses are cheap but when buying you want to keep in mind what pcm you need to run. Look over in other sections on here you will figure it out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Noob with a ls LUV