Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to Forum, Building LS BMW E30

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forum, Building LS BMW E30

Hey guys. New to the forum. I've been lurking in the forum for awhile and decide to finally join. I'm currently in the beginning stages of planning my LS build for my E30. Bare with me I still have a lot more research to do. This is my first LS build and I'm planning to do it somewhat on a budget. What I've come up with so far is to purchase a LQ9 Iron block. Then remove the #317 heads and install LS2 #243 heads. (I've read the LS2 #243 heads are more desirable then the LS6 #243 heads because the LS2 version has sodium filled valves). I also plan to install the yellow LS6 springs. Still need to figure out what rockers and cam setup to run. Also decide if I should run the LS1 or LS2 intake. Leaning towards the LS1 because I believe I read I can retain the LQ9 DBW with the LS1 intake. So as you can see I still have some research left to do.

If anyone has any opinions on my build so far, or has any recommendations please let me know.

I'm looking to have more torque then anything so I want to have the proper parts to do so. (read the truck 6.0 intake produces the most low end torque but its very bulky imo) I'd like to have a good range of torque as I plan to primarily use the car for drifting.

Well thanks for reading my introduction, I'm going to go abuse the search button for awhile.

P.S. I'm located in MN, any other MN residents? See you at Street Machine Nationals? (formally know as Car-Craft.. wtf)
Old 03-23-2015, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome!
Post pics of the build!
Couple things here, don't bother with the LS6 valves springs unless you are going to run an LS6 or other small OEM type of cam, if you go with anything bigger you will want to replace with aftermarket springs anyway.
Also skip on the LS1 intake as is more restrictive than the LS2 or LS6 intake.
Also you won't have to go out of your way at all to have a great torque curve and great low end torque, just about anything you do will yield great results save for a oversized donkey dick cam.

Quick Reply: New to Forum, Building LS BMW E30