Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello,Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello,Need some advice

I hope I am posting this in the right area. If not Sorry for that.

I have a 2007 Saab 97x Altitude edition. It has the 300 horse 5.3 and I am told it an LS1. Here goes. The car when since new has been taken to the dealer
for all servicing, oil changes etc. 100% mint condition and well taken care of.

As of now it has 115,000 on it. One day over a year ago while driving we got the low oil pressure, shut engine off. We did exactly that. After sitting a few minutes we started it and it was fine, drove home. Few days later same thing, shut off, waited started drove home and did an oil change, cleaned the little screen under the sensor, seemed to work. Then 2 days later we got the dreaded dead afm lifter on #5. So, tore it down, new head gasket, lifter...
Fired it up and was great except every time we drive it when it idles down at a light or stop sign the oil pressure drops into the red and throws a po521 code, twice...as in 2 codes both po521. Now we have been battling this for over a year, the car runs perfect, not a noise anywhere, we changed the sensor did motor flushes, got the best oil foilter we could and even got a melling oil pump and put that in and still the same thing. I have put several thousand miles on this car with this happening. Does anyone out there know anything else it could be, I am thinking bearings somehow went bad? Car has never over heated or even so much went over on an oil change. Please, if you have any ideas for me let me know, i am getting alot of smoke from the oil in the intake when i rev it, is this somehow related? Thank you for reading

Rus
Old 04-09-2015, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After browsing the forums here i came across something. My car idles extremely low, like 150 to 200 range. Is that normal? could that be the cause of the oil pressure going into the red? What do i do to fix this?

Thanks Again
Rus

Quick Reply: Hello,Need some advice