Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Ken From Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ken From Michigan

Wassup everyone, Ken here up in the glove . trying to enjoy a little life with this build. Growing up Ive always been a chevy guy and this project was originally intended for my 91 Camaro that was scrapped due to body rot and with the power i intend to make id prefer unibody over a subrame anyways. Since then ive purchased a 2004 Crown Vic interceptor that ive put a couple touches on but the shitty 4.6 just cant get it down the road how id like it to. Plus i feel somewhat embarresed of the" all look no hook " **** friends give me at work in there whack R/Ts with overrated Hemis. So i buy a 6.0 ls2 dropped out of a 08 tbss with 67xxx minus the intake and harness. With a good sense of direction and minor previous hands on id like to bite down pretty hard with a nice cam and a set of L92 heads. 4l80 or t56 undecided on the work to convert to stick though it would be nice. Stock rear with a detroit locker 3:73s. What do you guys think? Im new to cams so insight on lift and specs would be helpful. Thanks for having me!
Old 04-28-2015, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome! Where in MI are you Ken? The size of the cam should be determined by how much the heads are worked over, compression, choice of trans, intended use, etc...
Old 04-28-2015, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Welcome! Where in MI are you Ken? The size of the cam should be determined by how much the heads are worked over, compression, choice of trans, intended use, etc...
Sterling heights and you? What im trying to accomplish is a torque monster that could rip 1st thru 3rd with ease. More than likely ill take the hard route of converting it to stick whats the use in having all that power without full control. Cam thinking around 5-550 lift its moreso the choppy tone im looking for. Any suggestions?
Old 04-30-2015, 10:16 PM
Teching In

welcome! good to see another person from michigan!
Old 05-30-2015, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Default Update on Motor

Finally got around to motor took the heads off springs and lifters looked fine then i noticed these pistons look like theyd been through hell. Is this normal wear?
Old 05-30-2015, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fhritpws6
welcome! good to see another person from michigan!
Thanks just sucks were limited to a couple months of decent garage weather lol

Quick Reply: Ken From Michigan