Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Aussie BMW E36 L98/T56 Swapper...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 05:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aussie BMW E36 L98/T56 Swapper...

Hi all, Im an Aussie in Canberra region... undertaking my first LS swap into a 96 E36 BMW 318is. Nice tidy little car that is being gutted to receive its heart transplant. I have done a few transplants before, but this may be th most complex due to tight headers and ECU etc. Joised LS1Tech to get the expert advice needed for this swap. Im watching VE SS Commdoroe Salvage auctions at present to find the right donor with T56 attached.

Id be interested to understand the teaction control wiring and the numbers of VSS notches on the corners of a commodore? ie I wonder if a BMW signal could be plumbed into the VE Traction Control to retard torque etc in a swap like this? BMW has ABS and the next model had Traction Control, but it does have VSS hall effects on each corner.

Also am keen to understand the "5 wires" required to hook up a VE ECU to the BMW... Im assuming that the BMW body computer (OBDII) with its securty system is what gives the VE ECU its ignition power, once the BMW ECU has its security system appeased (key RF Id)?

Thanks in Advance

Quick Reply: Aussie BMW E36 L98/T56 Swapper...