Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Checking in from Kilgore, TX

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checking in from Kilgore, TX

Hey Guys and Gals!

New to f-body's but not new to the LS family of engines. I came over from the truck scene and I found an "almost mint" Red 02 Trans Am WS6 A4 with 57,000 miles, one owner. I figured I would change my pace and find a new joy.

It has a few of the common issues for that year. (sail panel bubble, small door panel crack on the top, PCV hose end starting to crack, etc...) But it is completely 100% stock and garage kept. Even these issues aren't as bad as I have seen by Googling pictures!

I have had it for a week and creeped a few forums looking it over with a fine tooth comb. Trying to learn all of the in's and out's of the car.

It seems like a great platform to start a slow DD build with. I do not plan on drag racing in the future... or doing 150mph down the straights... I just want a cool DD that sound mean.

So, I look forward to reading as many threads as I can and giving input where I am educated. I know my way around a wrench and the net. I started careers as a mechanic and I am currently an IT guy. (weird huh?)

I am currently working on going over all of the maintenance items, fluids, filters, wear items, etc... I want a fresh start on my maintenance schedule.

Hope to talk to some of you guys soon.

Quick Reply: Checking in from Kilgore, TX