Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

pro touring noob

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pro touring noob

Just got a 2004 silverado 5.3 motor trans with complete wiring and computer what all can I remove from pcm? Do I have to reconfigure pcm to work in 81 camaro using what I have? Do not want to use electric fuel pedal. So I'm sure I'll need a new throttle body. I have very little knowledge with swapping but I have Bin reading please break it down the cheapest way I can make this motor and trans work while deleting all pcm pinout not needed
Old 07-20-2015, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Easy go to LT1Swap.com site. Brendan has great info to do the harness yourself. The gas pedal is easy no big deal as long as you have the tach bow, short harness and pedal. You modify the pedal to fit your car. Cut/bend reconfigure it some. I have the set up in my 76 skylark works fine.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:56 PM

. If the truck has bin programmed will it be lost after digesting the harness?

Also will the computer have to be programmed to run correct with out the things I don't want or is just removing the wire from pcm all I need?
Old 07-23-2015, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like getting rid of crap for wire in harness. I gotten a 3/4 walmart sack of wire out. Thins it down alot and easier to trace things down later. Lt1Swap.com can reprogram pcm. Get rid of vats security and some smog stuff. I also put the 4 injectors together on 1 power feed wire each side, then tie the 2 together fuse them fuse panel. Just gets rid of 6 more wires.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:32 PM

Apriciate that I checked out the sight last night and it answered all my questions. And the wiring I'm sure would be no issue but I do know I'm pulling them for sure lol thanx for the help like the skylarks to had a 72 not long ago. Thanx again

Quick Reply: pro touring noob