Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

First LS swap into 71 Nova

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First LS swap into 71 Nova

just thought it would post and say hi. Iv been lurking around for awhile and decided to join.

I have a 71 nova and my SBC took a dump so i decided to give into the dark side and go LS haha. I got a 04 LQ9 from a friend and I am throwing a carb on it (let the carb hating begin). I have a lot of questions since my plan is to reuse the stock saginaw 3 speed manual transmission in its stock location so i dont have to modify the drivehsaft, cross member or shifter. I have read the offical X body swap thread several times.

Here are some pics of her

Im sure i will learn a lot and "attempt" to make big power haha
Old 07-26-2015, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First LS swap into 71 Nova

Sounds cool. You'll be good w a victor jr intake, 750 carb (since you may go for power later) 6010 msd kit it uses stock coils. Www.lssimple.net makes engine mount plates and cool brackets if you wanted to you can keep a/c with one of their kits if your car has it. the engine will bolt into stock location with your factory engine mounts with their kit. Your factory 3 speed will bolts To any ls you will need a flywheel from a 4.8, pilot bearing from a ls1 gto and clutch disc n pressure plate recommended for your vehicle or transmission there's a guy that did it on YouTube with a 4speed your build would be the same concept
check it out. Rest of you I'm sure you're pretty much figure out pretty simple good luck

Quick Reply: First LS swap into 71 Nova