Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

franken truck!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 03:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default franken truck!

Hey, newbie to the forum, I have started on a project that I have dreamed up for sometime now and could use some smart people to help out. I always wanted a C-10 SWB truck because I had one at 16, now I'm 55. But I remember it road hard so I thought I would set the body on a 98 Tahoe frame. With a little help from a disc cutter and a mig welder I managed to replace the floor and firewall in the C-10 with the Tahoe floor and firewall. This allows me to use the tilt wheel, air bags wiper system, sound system seats and most of the interior along with the A/C and 4 wheel drive. So far so good! In my search for a power plant I've obtained a 08 SS Trailblazer LS2 with tranny and transfer case. Now to my first task. I need to replace the oil pan that has the Trailblazer diff. attached and I'm wondering what oil pan would work in the 98 Tahoe chassis with the front axle system? Next would be motor mount plates because a vortec was pulled out of the Tahoe. Once I mock up the drive system I can finish the front body assembly and start the wiring process and dash replacement. Thanks for looking. I'll try to post some pictures soon.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think a regular truck pan or muscle car pan maybe what you want. Look into some slider mounts. Mounts on engine block slide forward/ backward. Some also slotted for the bolt holes for thru bolt as well. I bought some on ebay. Somebody on here put like a 70 c10 on trailblazer running gear similar to what you done. Pics will help you get responses.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Default franken truck

I hope these picture attach, I'm old school in a computer world treading water.
Attached Thumbnails franken truck!-20151113_113710.jpg   franken truck!-20151120_134212.jpg   franken truck!-20151201_120946.jpg  
Old 12-17-2015, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

put another pic of front crossmember area. I think I would get slider mounts on engine sit it in there. Carefully then you can see what issues you have. Pan may not be a problem. Watch front stuff as ac pump may need relocated or steering pulley may need changed to smaller one.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:19 AM
Teching In

Thanks, been out of town helping a buddy whose RV sucking an intake valve and destroyed a Triton V10, 740 miles from home! I'll post it sometime tonight.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Hey, just got back in town. here are some pictures of the engine bay. does anyone know of what type headers I can possibly use??? Thanks!
Old 12-29-2015, 01:04 PM
Teching In

Default photos of engine bay area

Here is the engine bay area!
Attached Thumbnails franken truck!-truck1.jpg   franken truck!-truck2.jpg   franken truck!-truck3.jpg   franken truck!-truck4.jpg  
Old 12-29-2015, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think the ones I used may work. Set of shortys exit by bellhousing. Stay tight to engine. They are china made, I bought them on ebay $180. Look into my user id look at pics see what you think. Passenger side looks like be no problem. Driver side look like tight space for driveshaft and exhaust exit. The headers are stainless, thick flange, decent pieces.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Default motor in!

Got my Dirty Dingo motor mounts and the shorty headers last week and got the motor and trans with transfer case mounted. The driver side header will need a little work to clear the driveshaft. I now need direction on combining the wiring harnesses from the 98 Tahoe and the 08 Trailblazer. I'm trying to keep the antilock braking system from the Tahoe along with the dash which includes the gauges. I have both harnesses and both computers. So where to start????? Suggestions and ideas are welcome or possibly where to look. Thanks
Old 02-07-2016, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would go to Lt1Swap.com great wiring info. I think I would strip trailblazer wiring to standalone. Then use existing power supplies in fuse box to connect into. Your pcm already has keyed power same with fuel pump. fuel pump should be ez as connecting from original pcm into spot on trailblazer harness. pcm power can be connected directly over same way. Your gauges and speedo probably workout same. Just find the curcuits. I did this on my squarebody using Silverado harness to 89 suburban wiring I had in truck.

Quick Reply: franken truck!