Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the LS world

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the LS world

Hey everyone, my name is Scott and I live in the Baltimore, MD area. Although I grew up around the old chevy muscle cars I'm a big Nissan fan and that's all I own. I'm currently building my first strict drag car. It's a 2003 Nissan 350Z and I'm setting it up to run 8.50's in the quarter. I'm not trying to break the bank on this build so, after talking with one of my friends with a turbo LS Tahoe, I decided to buy a 5.3L out of a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 and see how far I can push it. Once I figure out how to post pictures I'll get some up on here for everyone to see. So far I've got a 8.50 cert chrome moly cage, the car is back halved, hand fabricated 9" rear with strange axles/brakes and center section, 4-link suspension, TH400 tranny (came from another LS 350Z which was running mid 9's), a single turbo (76/106 ETR-HO billet wheel, 92/83mm Borg Turbine wheel, T6 1.10 A/R housing, the 5.3L engine with the 799 heads I believe, and the car is completely stripped. I also have HPTuners Pro for tuning. All the metal fabrication and cage was done by a professional as I don't know how to weld yet...but the rest will be done by me.

This is my first LS and first turbo car so it's all new to me. Just trying to get this thing going and learn as much as possible along the way while getting my hands dirty. Their is still a ton that I don't know about both turbo setups and the LS engine but hopefully I can find a lot of the answers on here to minimize costly mistakes along the way.

Anyways, that's me in a nutshell. Glad to be here!
Old 12-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found the fast 350z

But really.. Sweet! Pics pics

Quick Reply: New to the LS world