Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to ls1

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to ls1

Just bought a 97 Z and have been on trying to find anything I can about it. I am what I would consider to be old school as my other rides are a 64 Malibu SS and a 79 Z I used to bracket race with. Right now the 97 LT1 M6 only has a K&N CAI and is otherwise stock. It needed some work when I got it so here is a list of mods I will be completing in the near future. It needs a pinion seal so as long as I have the rear end apart it's getting 4:10s. The clutch is shot so a new one is on the agenda. As long as the tranny is out it will get tore down and inspected and given a freshening up to anything it needs. It had been sitting a long while so it needs new seals on the LT1, so as long as the front end is apart it will get new water pump, distributor, wires, and long tubes, y pipe, and a tune. Still debating on just doing a cam right away too. We will see if the budget allows after the rest of it is completed. Not planning on racing it, it more of a toy, but what fun is having a Z28 if you can't blow the doors off the local punk in the mustang... Any advice on the following mods would be appreciated and welcomed.

Quick Reply: New to ls1