Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to all of this

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to all of this

Hey everyone, My name is Richard and I'm a realtor in Atlanta GA. I used to street race Hondas back in high school in NY (10 years ago). I know nothing ZERO about american cars and setups but I have a dream. I want to have a first gen Cadillac CTS V, or a Trans Am WS6, with enough hp to push you back in the seat but still very much a daily driver. What horse power range would be perfect for that? Also how much egine mods will I need? Like could I get away with just cams intake and exhausts?
Old 11-04-2016, 05:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rhinesrealty
Hey everyone, My name is Richard and I'm a realtor in Atlanta GA. I used to street race Hondas back in high school in NY (10 years ago).
lol... Welcome to the actual fast car side
I know nothing ZERO about american cars and setups but I have a dream. I want to have a first gen Cadillac CTS V, or a Trans Am WS6, with enough hp to push you back in the seat but still very much a daily driver. What horse power range would be perfect for that? Also how much egine mods will I need? Like could I get away with just cams intake and exhausts?
Straight from the factory you will be pushed back in your seat, and if you are coming from driving a honda you will probably **** your pants the first time you drive an LSx car, or any V8 performance car for that matter.
LS1 fbodies (350hp factory, underrated at 310-325hp) are 12 second capable cars totally bone stock, the first gen CTS-V(400hp) is right around that same mark if not a little slower.
Buy the car you want first then start thinking about modding.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that info. Yea when you know better you do better lol. $5,000 into a honda might get me at 200hp... $5,000 in a CTS might get me 500hp.

why would a CTS-V time be slower than the TA? Oh also... I hear they offered the corvet transmission as an option in 2004-2007 CTS-V's, how do I know if I'm buying one with a corvet trans?
Old 11-04-2016, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rhinesrealty
Thanks for that info. Yea when you know better you do better lol. $5,000 into a honda might get me at 200hp... $5,000 in a CTS might get me 500hp.
Can be more than 500hp if you plan it right
why would a CTS-V time be slower than the TA? Oh also...
The CTS-V is significantly heavier than an fbody, also has more narrow tires from the factory than a SS or WS6/Firehawk car so its harder to get traction. Thats ultimately what holds these types of cars back from getting even better times.
I hear they offered the corvet transmission as an option in 2004-2007 CTS-V's, how do I know if I'm buying one with a corvet trans?
Do you mean Corvette?
All gen 1 CTS-V's come with the Tremec T56 transmission, same transmission found in the Corvette, Fbodies, Vipers, older Mustang Cobras, some Aston Martins and a few other cars. However the CTS-V gets the Z06 gearing if I remember right, so 1st, 2nd and 3rd are a little shorter geared than on an Fbody.

Quick Reply: New to all of this