Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello, all.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, all.

Well, might as well get the intro out of the way.

My background:

I helped work on cars, trucks, and farm equipment since I was little. I took four years of high school auto. I was half of a team that competed at the state and national levels of the *cough* Ford/AAA Student Auto Skills in 2006 where we placed second. I went to Wyotech for a Year taking Diesel, Advanced Diesel, and Applied Service Management. Three years at a Kenworth dealer followed, then 5 years at a Toyota dealership. I have been at an independent auto/machine shop for a bit more than a year. ASE certified Master technician.

I have browsed this forum off and on for close to 10 years.

We recently had a customer bring in a '65 Chevelle that he is in the process of piecing together. The mid '70s pickup smallblock had a hammering sound from the rust in the cylinders once I got it running. He has since decided that he would like a little bit of a hotrod since all his other cars are more or less stockish. We have a 5.3l and 4l60E sitting in the shop waiting to replace the 350/350. I will probably end up with a thread in the conversions section.

I am registered on another site that apparently shares some of it's DNA with this one since my searches from that site show up in the search bar here, so I have a decent idea on how to use the features.

Anyway, I am sure I will have questions and will try searching first before I post a recurring nightmare question.

Located in Eastern Oregon, almost Idaho.

Be gentle, this is my first LS swap.

Thanks, Travis.

Quick Reply: Hello, all.