Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

my intro

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my intro

My name is Brandon I live in the twin cities and am doing a build that has absolutely no reason for being dreamed of other than the fact that I am 1 crazy 2 stupid 3 have the ability to pull it off. All I need is time, research, and a place to come to get some advice. This is were I am and here is the plan.

I have always been an import guy period, but hey why not have the best of both worlds. People put domestic v8 engines in imports all the time. Me I don't like conformity so lets go all out. Chevy vs Ford vs Import, mmmm lets combine them all in 1, then nobody can talk crap. LOL.

Let me start by saying I've been a professional mechanic for over 15 years and got my start working on cars at the age of 6 building dirt track cars. Now what I have is a P.O.S. Hyundai Accent 3 door. I love the body style on this thing for the most part. My intentions are to install a 5.3 Vortec twin turbo and 4l60e transmission. That covers the chevy and import section. as far as ford I am going to used the mustang gt front and rear suspensions and rear straight axle. I do have the ability to pull this off and am currently in the planing stages. I will be building a true build page for this car but advice is very much helpful. I will also be checking for used parts or asking about used parts to make this thing happen.

This is intended to be as much of a budget/junkyard build as possible. Please keep that in mind as one of my questions will be intake manifolds. Im not looking to put a 1200 dollar intake on this thing im looking to go the cheapest route possible while achieving what i need. First thing Im sure i will hear is this is not budget and your stupid for trying to pull it off. Yeah stupid for doing it i get that as far as budget remember Im using as much used parts and junkyard parts as possible. Oh and thats right im doing all the work myself. No paying shops for anything other than the necessities like machine work. I also have a discount steel company 4 blocks from my house to get all my frame materials from and they are full service. custom bending cutting welding if needed. All I have to do is bring them diagrams with measurements and they will make it happen.

So there you have it. I'm actually going to build a website based on this car as a build page. I am doing this because I would like to share my knowledge with everyone. This has been done a few times but people do not say a lot about it. Its like it is a huge secret that has to be protected. My intention is to have this thing on the road in about 2 years.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hell yeah man, good luck with the build! That setup in a small car like the Accent is a potent combination I look forward to it!
Old 01-28-2017, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah it should be fun working on figuring out the suspension right now. I know what I want to use its just figuring out how to make it work safely.

Quick Reply: my intro