Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hi from the deep south.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi from the deep south.

Hi guy's. Chris from Savannah GA here. I have been spending a lot time reading all the conversion, and swap forums here, and have only become more anxious to get this project going, with all the knowledge and experience I've seen here so far. My experience has been with replacing engines and parts with the same components. That and a ton of small engine repairs. I feel pretty confident that I can get this done with a little help from you good people. The project is putting an LS in my 95 c1500 short bed chevy. The truck is solid and still runnung well, but the 305 TBI is just " So Slo " I picked up a running 02 LM7 with all the accessories, wiring harness and PCM. It has 184 k miles on it. The plan is to use the 862 heads with a little porting and polishing, 2 inch intake valves,and freshening up the bottom end. New rings, bearings, timing set, ect,ect. I've already pulled the motor apart, and found it to be extremely clean for the mileage. The chassis will have a rebuilt front suspension, 2 inch drop in the front, and 4 in the back. Not sure about the wheels and tires yet. and finally new paint. I'm looking to have something that i can cruise on the weekends to the car shows, with a bit of a lopey idle, and still do burnouts when leaving the parking lot. I've taken a ton of pictures of the teardown so far, and plan to do so throughout the entire build. I;m not quite sure yet how to start a thread on the build, so if someone can point me in that direction, i'll be glad to start posting. Once again, thanks for all the help so far, and for all the help and advice in the future. Glad to be on board.

Quick Reply: Hi from the deep south.