Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the LS engine platform in MO

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the LS engine platform in MO

HI! Just joined here to get more information on an upcoming project. My daughters boyfriend (who I actually like) just purchased a Lifted 1997 Chevy 1500 4X4 that had been LS swapped or more correctly LS hacked. Against all of our advise he purchased the truck (it is a toy for him) and within the first month he has thrown a rod and trashed everything but 1 head. Someone supposedly rebuilt this engine and from the looks of the work done on it they didn't own a torque wrench or have any comprehension of to torque to yield. The wiring is another story, there must be 4,000 feet of electrical tape wrapped around the twisted together wires.

My younger brother works in the salvage vehicle business and has a 2009 6.0 (I think it is an L96?) with less than 60K miles on it that I can get cheap. As soon as he gets it pulled from the truck I will have more info on it. Looking to do a budget build to get a little more HP. I have done a lot of work on Gen I & II GM engines but this my first LS engine. So far this site seems to have a ton of knowledge available. Looking forward to my first LS build.

Hank

Last edited by hmath10; 07-11-2017 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Errors
Old 07-10-2017, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats on your daughter having a boyfriend you actually like lol thats always my biggest fear if I had a daughter, but on the other note welcome to the forum there is tons of information here if you have built other engines in the past these things are a breeze the only difference if that they response so good to mods it is unreal especially comming from the mustang world
Old 07-10-2017, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have confirmed it is a L96 out of a 2010. This is coming out of a wrecked truck so I think I am getting the wiring harness and ECM.

Quick Reply: New to the LS engine platform in MO