Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from Florida

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 08:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hello from Florida

Been reading info on this forum for a couple weeks now. My wife just bought me a 1996 Camaro SS #989 (3,000 original miles and all documentation). Was supposed to be a surprise but I happened to check our account, something I rarely do. Just retired from DHS and moved to Citrus, Fl. Always wanted a split bumper Camaro but they are out of my price range. Never been able to buy myself anything big due to buyers remorse and having 4 children, they always come first. She knew I wouldn't treat myself, so she looked around and pulled the trigger. Literally just found out this morning. Very excited and nervous. Car is on its way here. I do think she spent a little much on it though, but still very happy.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:49 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,278 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Sounds like a great surprise (and a great wife too)!

A very close local friend of mine sold a '96 SS with about 3k miles on it as well, he was the original owner and that was about a year or two ago - I wonder if this could be his old car and it has changed hands again? I don't remember the build number, but I could ask him. Is this car a bright red hardtop with the D82 monochromatic roof, M6 trans and dark charcoal leather interior?
Old 09-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Original 1 owner since 96, black, 6mt, all slp options beside extra wheel package. Cloth interior.

Quick Reply: Hello from Florida