Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello, Long time listener, First time caller.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, Long time listener, First time caller.

Im new to the hands on LS game. I have admired them from an arms distance but recently decided to jump in and get my hands dirty.

I have a pretty unconventional project brewing that gets very little approval in any circle of "car people" but Im fine with that

I have just started gathering parts for the build and its been so much easier with all the information here so I gotta say Thanks for that!

What I have so far...

Picked up a junkyard 2000 LQ4. The Iron heads will be replaced by a set of 821 castings recently bought from a member here. I will have to run a engine adapter since its being bolted to a GM TH425. Once I get that I will be able to figure out what flexplate to run.

I plan on just freshening up the bottom end and resealing it. Its going to be my daily so no crazy power is being searched out.

As far as the induction goes, I am looking at Carbing it and maybe down the road putting FI on it. I will gather the parts once its on the road.

I am funding the engine build from the sale of the engine that was going to be powering the project. I dont expect it to be running soon as its going to be a slow process getting all the parts adapted to the mish mash of parts.

Thanks again for all the information here and will be asking questions if I cant find the answers with the search function!

Quick Reply: Hello, Long time listener, First time caller.