Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Building my first car...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 12:37 AM
Z3n
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building my first car...

Been doing things in the motorcycle scene for quite awhile, but had a car with sentimental value come into my possession and it's time to build my car.

Currently it's a 72 LeMans running a 350, but that's getting pulled for a 4.8 turbo setup. Currently have a pile of parts on order, and hoping to have the build done in the next 3 months or so. Looking for about 700hp through a 4.8 LR4 or LY2 engine, with methanol injection. Currently still sorting out the parts I'll use for engine side of things, but have generally settled on the following:

Ridetech coilovers
Wilwood brakes
Moser rear end @ 4.11 / 35 spline wavetrac
T56 Magnum (2.97)
Mantic 9000 clutch

Goals are to relive some of my happy childhood memories with family, drive it to alaska, and generally street it, with the odd trackday and dragstrip trip for giggles.
Old 11-23-2017, 03:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please correct me if Im wrong but you are defiantly on the right track to making 700rwhp but the only thing you might have to change is the rear gear ratio maybe from the 4.11s you should go to 3.55s or max 3,73s so you have time to build boost before you shift so quickly. But between the Turbo set-up and Meth you will make the power and the Moser's got your back for sure, good luck enjoy those childhood memories just a whole lot faster lol.

Quick Reply: Building my first car...