Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Sooo, I need some HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sooo, I need some HELP!

First off i'd like to say my name is Bailey, from the great city of Austin and i have no clue what i'm about to get my self into...

So I recently got my hands on an 85' Celica Supra. I have every intention on ls swapping her and I know there will be a lot of work and modification/custom parts. can hardly find anything on these swaps and I decided this would be my best bet on solid info.

so first all I plan on getting a 5.3/t56 out of the junkyard, machining heads, new gaskets, timing chain, etc and clean her up.

The Supra has been sitting for atleast 10+ years, interior dash is a big heap of cracked ****, Previous owner said the engine was blown, and i know nothing more then that as it was given to me when i was asking the dude about it he just threw me the keys and said its yours, so I cant complain about anything. Pretty much what im trying to get to, is that this will be my FIRST BUILD. so ANY and ALL tips/help is greatly appreciated! I have some basic tools to get things done, i have a shop im going to have the car at to work at on the weekends/etc but Is there any specialty tools i will most likely end up needing? i have an engine hoist/jacks as well. From what i have heard so far is that i will need a custom oil pan ( some one said they used the oilpan off a GTO, and also a holley ls swap pan) havent looked into them much as i figured i would make this post and gather all the info i can and see where to go from there.

I will upload pics/update the posting in the coming day or so, thanks.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

This forum has a subsection for conversions and hybrids. Check there, as well as Supra forums. Just so you know, all forums appreciate if you do a lot of reading before asking questions.

Quick Reply: Sooo, I need some HELP!