Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Old to new

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Old to new

I have always been old school. Now going to do ls1 lq4 (stock) in 1962 Impala and I know very little. A lot of valuable information here and a lot of great knowledge on this forum that I will be needing. Great to be a part of this LS1 Tech forum. This will be a learning experience and I am hoping that some of you will share your knowledge with me.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

Welcome. If you plan on doing an LS swap make sure to research as much as you can before. I would forget about the ls1 if you want anything over 450 rwhp. A LQ4/LQ9 would be a solid motor to start building. And would be cheaper in most cases to get.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:41 AM
Teching In

There is a wealth of information on here. I have been reading the info on doing a LS swap for a while and every time I google it I usually end up on this site. I bought a LQ4 with low miles. My plan is to do a stock build for a good cruiser. I am not looking for anything with a lot of power. I also have 80 Camaro with a stock big block. I am going to see how this swap goes before I look at doing anything with it. Thanks for your input.

Quick Reply: Old to new