Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newbie from CA

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie from CA

Good morning/afternoon/evening, my name is Frank and I am new to the LS world. I recently picked up a 1973 C10 short bed that has no engine or trans for $1,000, clean body and had 22" wheels that I figure I can sell to fund some that I actually want. Anyways before I get off topic I was considering to drop a 350 since they're easily found and pretty cheap, for the most part, but I have been intrigued and tempted to do an LS swap but don't know what the best route would be for this. I found a 2000 Suburban with a 5.3 for $500, it runs and drives but was side swept so I figured that it would be a greats parts car if I were to go down that route. Which would you fine ladies and gentlemen go with?
Old 01-24-2018, 12:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Hello there and welcome, I'm in southern California as well. If I were you, I would pick up a 5.3 and auto trans complete with wire harness and computer. They are abundant and can be had for a reasonable price if you look hard enough. That will start you off with a good platform for driveability and power potential in the future. Do you have a budget in mind? If you do the swap yourself and work over the harness yourself and source the required swap parts second hand or using deals that will go a long way in reducing costs. I have done a few transplants over the years, I'm sure I could help you out along with others on this site. Check out the Western Members regional subforum on this sight to talk directly to your "neighbors" about none technical stuff.

Last edited by ss.slp.ls1; 02-07-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Santa Ana, CA

Hi Goron, yes get the Suburban

I can help with more details ?

My Shop, Pantera EFI.com, is in Santa Ana (92705).

Call me for advise ?

Lance

Quick Reply: Newbie from CA